130 g unsalted butter
90 g caster sugar
90 g soft brown sugar
35 g golden syrup
35 g treacle
3 medium eggs
185 g self raising flour
8 g baking powder
8 g ground nutmeg
4 g ground ginger
185 g peeled jerusalem artichokes
zest & juice 1 lemon zest & juice 2 oranges
- Heat oven to 170oC (gas mark 4) line medium cake tin with baking parchment
- Grate artichokes, melt butter in a pan & add the grated artichokes. cook until caramelized (without burning the butter)
- Then add treacle & golden syrup until melted
- In a mixing bowl put together, S/R flour, baking powder, nutmeg & ground ginger
- mix both together for 2 minutes on low speed
- crack the eggs in one at a time and whisk well, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add zest & juice the lemons and oranges, whisk until just combined
- Add to lined cake tin & place in the oven for 30/35 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean
- After cooked leave cake for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Full fat greek yogurt, lemon curd & fresh pear.
Recipe provided by Herb ‘N’ Harvest Catering.